The 11 organizations that comprise the Social Work Leadership Roundtable will host a live and interactive event called “Building Bridges to the Social Work Profession” at 2:00 PM (EDT) on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. The event will be hosted by the Council on Social Work Education and broadcast on Facebook Live.
The event will feature presentations from Karen Bullock, PhD, professor and head of the School of Social Work at North Carolina State University, and Samuel Bradley, Jr., DSW, assistant professor of macro practice at Boston College School of Social Work. There will also be time for a town hall where attendees will have an opportunity to pose questions and further discuss topics. The event will be moderated by Gautam Yadama, PhD, dean of the Boston College School of Social Work.
Bullock has more than 25 years of clinical practice experience in mental health and aging, with interests and expertise in health-care disparities and end-of-life care issues. Her research focuses on cancer care, serious illness care, and health equity, and she has been a leading force in advancing social work practice, education, and training in gerontology, mental health, hospice, and palliative care. Bradley has expertise in diversity and inclusion, public health, and program innovation. He is particularly passionate about using design thinking as a strategy for developing innovation in higher education as well as leveraging higher education programs to support community outcomes in marginalized communities.
The Social Work Leadership Roundtable includes the following organizations:
• American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare
• Association of Social Work Boards
• Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors
• Council on Social Work Education
• Grand Challenges for Social Work
• Group for the Advancement of Doctoral Education in Social Work
• National Association of Black Social Workers
• National Association of Social Workers
• National Association of Deans and Directors of Schools of Social Work
• Saint Louis Group
• Society for Social Work and Research
Back to All News